January 2007 to Present:
Rick Dennis is the owner of The Chrysalis Group, LLC, a provider of I.T. and business services to a diverse cross-section of businesses and organizations in Anchorage. Rick has a strong background in server administration, network administration, database management, messaging systems, web services, and network security. He has in-depth knowledge on both Windows and Linux operating systems. His areas of expertise include advanced web-based database applications, network configuration, perimeter security, information assurance, risk management, network monitoring, and the troubleshooting and repair of computer and network systems. Rick is a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator and a D.O.D. certified Information Assurance Security Officer. Rick’s philosophy of full-time monitoring and proactive maintenance has resulted in an exceptional record of 100% uptime, with zero data loss, for his clients.
In addition to his professional obligations, Rick has shared his expertise in the classroom as an adjunct instructor. He also donates web design and hosting for several nonprofit organizations as a way of giving back to the community.
March 2006 to January 2007
Senior Systems Engineer
Tatitlek Support Services, Inc.
U.S. Army Contractor -
59th Signal Battalion – Ft. Richardson
Project: Deployment of Smart Card Authentication for United States Army in Alaska (USARAK)
This project involved migrating all X,000+ personnel and workstations from username/password authentication to a token based system utilizing a Computer Access Card and PIN assigned to each user. Involved extensive planning, testing, coordination and organization. Tasks included designing metrics and tools for monitoring compliance by the various organizational units throughout Alaska and reporting to commanders and project leaders. Project completed on-time.
January 2003 to March 2006
Director of Information Technology
KRK Management, LLC
- Plan, design and implement enterprise services and hardware, and maintain mission-critical applications to assure 24/7 accessibility.
- Evaluate company technology needs, recommend and implement solutions.
- Procure, configure, and maintain network servers, user workstations, operating systems, and provide desktop and systems support for over 40 users in eight locations.
- Work with Marketing Department to design and maintain company websites.
- Monitor network and server performance and security policy effectiveness.
- Train staff on use of company network resources, applications, software, and Office suites.
- Hire, train and manage helpdesk technicians.
1997 to 2003
Alaska Pacific University
- Design, create, and maintain multiple university Internet and intranet sites.
- Setup, configure and maintain web servers on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Developed content standards, navigation conventions and browser compatibility requirements.
- Created submission approval guidelines and design standards.
- Worked with University Relations, Faculty and other departments, to keep site current and to develop applications meeting end user requirements.
- Monitor website performance. Review web traffic analysis.
- Instructor for “Introduction to Web Design”. Created course outline, syllabus and website.